Monday, October 2, 2017

Lobster Dog




My oldest child spent a really long time dressed as a banana and wore a cape through all of fourth grade. My youngest child wore a fez throughout fourth AND fifth grade. I guess I shouldn't be surprised that our dog, Bravo, has the same kind of interest in costumes.

My kid (the banana one) picked out a lobster costume for Bravo. I sort of expected him to run away from it, try to eat it, or pretend like it didn't exist (all things he's done to various items of pet clothing).

But no. 

It turns out that my furry son likes being a lobster.



DAY ONE OF BEING A LOBSTER



Bravo really likes rides in the car ... as a lobster






No, really:  I'm laughing WITH you

He ate a little dinner ... as a lobster


ACTUAL CONVERSATION I HAD WITH MY ACTUAL DOG:

ME:  Bravo, you've been wearing that costume for hours, now. How about we-

BRAVO:  Lay a hand on me and see what happens, woman.




My lobster buddy decided to come help with laundry 

(He mostly watched)


 Bravo watched a little TV ... as a lobster


A pre-bedtime nap ... as a lobster


DAY TWO AS A LOBSTER



"Mom, I know you haven't had coffee yet. I know it's 6:30 in the morning. Just, Please put this costume on me, Mom"


Nothing to see here, just a walk ... as a lobster


Quick visit to the dog park to see friends
(Angus is a Scottie. Not a lobster)


Lobster in a field = A thing of beauty






DAY THREE AS A LOBSTER


Awake for a few minutes, and he's ready to suit up
(why does my voice sound so awful in recordings?)

This is my non-banana child ... with her lobster


This was his choice
I SWEAR


All of this lobstering is exhausting







"Just don't look at me, Mom. It makes me think you want to try to take off my costume. Don't make eye contact. Don't make eye contact!"


 Enjoying a lovely fall afternoon ... as a lobster


"Mom, where are you going?"


Sleepy lobster


I sort of hoped that Bravo would wake up on day four all ready to lobster, again. Nope! He's back to being his adorable doggie self. 



















3 comments:

  1. Trying to parse the thought processes here. Did he enjoy the extra attention the lobster drew? Maybe a sensory pleasure of having it on his back, or being able to carry a toy everywhere without tiring his jaw? Dogs have their reasons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A fellow dog owner suggested that it might feel like a thundershirt (used to soothe anxious cats and dogs). I think she might be right!

      Delete
  2. Very nice. Thanks for sharing! I adore Bravo in any outfit.

    ReplyDelete