Saturday, October 14, 2017

MMMMM Butter and Parmesan on Food is GOOD

I've been trying to use the food in my refrigerator, as opposed to how I usually to do things -- which is wait until everything expires and throw it away. There is sort of an opposite problem with my freezer. I forget what I have in there and buy duplicates and triplicates (and fourplicates?) of everything. 

I found a couple of frozen steaks hiding in my freezer so I did an online search for "Low-Carb Steak Recipe" and found one that looked good: Garlic Butter Brazilian Steak. I did what I'm learning is my thing -- sort of following the recipe with mostly the ingredients listed. 


Happy to have found these in my freezer!
(Liberally apply salt and pepper to both sides)

Trimmed the fat a bit and cut them into pieces while the olive oil was heating in the pan 


Here's the best part:

While the meat sizzles, brown garlic with olive oil, and then add a boatload of unsalted butter
(sprinkle with salt as you stir)

I found this great site for Low-Carb side dishes and picked one to go with the beef:

www.ibreatheimhungry.com

Green beans! I like them. However, the site had a recipe that made me think I might grow to love them:  Oven Fried Garlic Parmesan Green Beans!

So I bought a pile of green beans, brought them home, and realized that I forgot that I'm too lazy to cut a bunch of green beans. 


What was I thinking?!

The poultry scissors got a new assignment -- and I'll be using them to cut my beans every time, from now on.




Parmesan is so good! I like to use my hands to stir things like this. I feel like it really "get it all" that way...

Dinner was tasty, but I'm going to change a few things with the greenies next time. I'll probably try parchment paper and also add more shredded parm to the top, once they're spread out on the pan.



These never got crispy. I used the broiler, but they were still a little limp. I'd still make them again because the flavor was there

This was really, really good -- and pretty darn simple!

So sad seeing all that crispy cheese left on the foil. I'm going to invest in some parchment paper for next time


BUTTER GARLIC BRAZILIAN STEAK

6 cloves of minced garlic
4 TBSP Unsalted Butter
Salt
Pepper
Olive oil
Steak of your choosing (I used 2 and trimmed some fat before I began)

Meat:
1)  Pat steaks with a paper towel then sprinkle liberally with salt and pepper. I swear using sea salt and pepper from a grinder is the best -- but what do I know?
2)  Heat pan coated 
with olive oil (cast iron pan if you've got one)
3)  Cut the steaks into 4 pieces
4) Brown on each side until they are done (such a relative term, "done." A recipe I was using said 2-3 minutes per side, but I like my steak done done so it was longer)

*I don't know what makes this "Brazilian," but I like it!

Buttah:
1)  Heat garlic in 2 TBSP of olive oil until golden brown
2)  Add butter
3)  Stir and sprinkle with salt
4)  When your meat is done and plated pour it on (be liberal with that stuff)

OVEN FRIED PARMESAN GREEN BEANS
(sugarfreemom.com)

2 TBSP olive oil
2 TSP minced garlic
1 egg, beaten
1/2 TSP garlic salt
12 OZ green beans
1/3 C grated cheese
*Parchment paper

1) Preheat oven to 425 degrees
2) In a large bowl whisk the oil, garlic, egg and salt together
3) Toss in the green beans and coat well
4) sprinkle in Parmesan on the beans and toss gently
5) Place evenly on a greased baking sheet (learn from my mistake -- use parchment paper)
6) Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden
7) To crisp, heat for a minute or two under broiler

*I followed this pretty closely, but my beans didn't get crispy -- they were delicious, anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment